Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 20th

The one and only LOWLY picture of the day! We were QUITE busy and I neglected to pick up my camera today. I remembered in time to get this one shot of the kids with their shape bats, which kind of defeats the purpose of taking pictures at school since they brought these bats home to show you anyway! On days like today, when we don't bring too much home, I would like for you to know that we STILL had a full and busy day. We played a lot of REVIEW games (involving all five of the letters and sounds we have learned so far) as well as remembering some of the concepts we have learned recently. Since I didn't get pictures of our actually DOING these activities, I thought I'd take pictures of the activities themselves and post them here for you to talk about with your child. Have him/her sit on your lap and look at the next few photos together and see if he/she will tell you about our fun REVIEW type day!

(To make the image big enough to read, don't forget to double click on it.)


I actually really enjoy these types of review days. We played a lot of games and sang lots of songs. I think the kids are really coming along on these first five letters too! Make sure you talk about M and W and how they can look a lot alike when you turn them upside down. I have been encouraging them to remember their sign language positions for that letter and to remember that the "points" stick up with W and they go down with M. Also remember to point out environmental print that they know; McDonalds for M and Walmart for W!

No comments: