Friday, November 20, 2009

Harmons Field Trip

Well, all I can say is I HOPE that our field trips will get a bit easier! We started off a little crazy but it all worked out in the end! We had PLENTY of parent helpers but the problem was, none of the kids wanted to ride with their own parent! Everyone wanted a first class ride in Mrs. Peterson's van and it was hard to explain to everyone why they could not all be accommodated:)

We made it there safely however and we all had a grand time. I must say, Harmon's is a really great store, but I don't think it is my favorite field trip location. I like a more BEHIND THE SCENES look at the supermarket and Harmon's just didn't quite deliver. I like how other stores have allowed us access to the back room so we can see how the shelves are stocked and how the food gets OFF the delivery truck and INTO the store.


Oh well, I guess. We did not get to see those things, but we DID learn a lot about exotic fruits and vegetables, meat and dairy, and cake decorating. We also talked to many nice and knowledgeable employees and were treated well all the way around! We even got to bring back some yummy cookies to school! I think all the kids would agree that this field trip was a success!

No comments: